Sunday, July 24, 2011

What is RIAA?

RIAA is Recording Industry Association is an organization that supports and promotes creative artist. The organization also protects artist hard work that they put in to the music. But since the digital  era has advance over the last few years artist have been losing money from people stealing over the internet. The organization does there best to keep from being stolen but people have gotten around the security. Once you become a member of RIAA you create a manufacture or distribute approximately 85% all legitimate recorded music produced and sold in the US. RiAA mission is to work to protect the intellectual property and rights and the first amendment right of artist.
  
RiAA organization has thousand's of artist all over the country that are members. In order to get into the organization there is an application process and it take up to 45 days to let you know weather you become a member or not. It relates to what I want to do because I love music. I want to have my own label with my name and to protect music from being stolen just like my organization. The organization is important to me because artist spend hundreds dollars or more to get there name out. Its not fair the people wont appreciate the artist and actually buy the song on itunes or go to a target and get their CD. I support so many artist I go and buy there music because they put there all in making the song or the beats. It take time and energy  to put together a really good CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment